Habitat For Humanity/Metro Jackson works in partnership with God and people everywhere, from all walks of life, to develop communities with people in need by building and renovating houses, so that there are decent houses in decent communities in which every person can experience God's love and can live and grow into "all that God intends."
Sign up & Volunteer TODAY... Click icon below....
Affordable housing is key to living a stable, secure life, and is closely linked to an individual’s ability to save money and reach financial independence. Hardworking Mississippians should be able to afford decent housing and still be able to pay for basics, like groceries, child care and medicine. Sadly, affordable housing is out of reach for too many Mississippi families.
• One-third of Mississippi’s homeowners and 53 percent of renters spend more than 30 percent of their monthly income on housing.
• 1 out of every 4 senior citizen homeowners spends more than 30 percent of their monthly income on housing.
• Employers face difficulty attracting and retaining employees when the housing market does not offer enough affordable, safe homes.
• Studies show when children do not have a stable, safe place to call home, they fall behind and struggle in school and they suffer poor health.
Habitat for Humanity/Metro Jackson is supporting legislation to create an Affordable Housing Trust Fund, as a part of Housing Mississippi, a coalition of nonprofit and private businesses dedicated to affordable housing across the state.
Across the country, 46 states and more than 600 hundred cities and counties use Housing Trust Funds to meet their local needs. By providing a stable source to fund housing needs, an Affordable Housing Trust Fund would expand housing opportunities for:
• Mississippi children, who deserve a stable place to call home so they can be healthier, do better in school and have more opportunities in life.
• Seniors, who have earned the right to live safely and with dignity.
• People with disabilities, who need more opportunities for safe, secure housing to support their development.
• Veterans, who left their jobs and families to fight for our freedom, and who deserve to return to a place where decent housing is affordable and available.
The House That Love Built
Habitat for Humanity/Metro Jackson sees, everyday, how families that live in affordable homes are
breaking the cycle of poverty and creating healthy, productive futures. By clicking the video above, you can see for yourself some of the lives that have been changed for the better by partnering with HFH/MJ right here in Jackson.
Licensed by the Mississippi Department of Banking and Consumer Finance NMLS# 283632
Habitat for Humanity/ Metro Jackson
Promote Your Page Too
• June 12-5:30, Jackson Medical Mall
• June 19- noon, Habitat Office
• June 22-10am, Habitat Office
• July 10-5:30, Jackson Medical Mall
• July 17- noon, Habitat Office @615 Stonewall Street
• July 20-10am, Habitat Office @615 Stonewall Street
• August 14-5:30,Jackson Medical Mall
• August 21- noon, Habitat Office @615 Stonewall Street
• August 24-10am, Habitat Office @615 Stonewall Street
• Sept. 5- noon, Habitat Office @615 Stonewall Street
• Sept. 11-5:30, Jackson Medical Mall
• Sept. 28 -10am, Habitat Office @615 Stonewall Street
• Oct. 9-5:30, Jackson Medical Mall
• Oct. 16- noon, Habitat Office @615 Stonewall Street
• Oct. 26-10am, Habitat Office @615 Stonewall Street
• Nov. 7- noon, Habitat Office @615 Stonewall Street
• November 13-5:30, Jackson Medical Mall
• Nov. 23-10am,Habitat Office @615 Stonewall Street
• Dec. 4- noon, Habitat Office @615 Stonewall Street
• December 11-5:30, Jackson Medical Mall
• Dec. 21 –10am, Habitat Office @615 Stonewall Street